Icon Agent management not appear after migrate to new server

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hi everyone,

After migrate client to new server like the link [KB7732] Migrate ESET PROTECT Virtual Appliance to ESET PROTECT Server (Windows)

My clients appear on the console new server, however it was not appear icon Agent or collect the information of this client.

Before migrate :

image.thumb.png.9242f91d1d89faf5a2ee8dd51ba99d72.png

After migrate :

image.thumb.png.189de76db7f5a6d67578c86ce2132ab5.png

image.thumb.png.bcf92403463aa28364db6bd6600fe45e.png

How to i can fix this issue ?

Thanks.

Edited by eornate

• ESET Staff
  • Solution
Posted (edited)

What happens is that ESET Management Agent was not able to recognize it was actually migrated, and thus it did not resent data to new PROTECT server, resulting in missing data - most probably there will be lots of other data missing regarding the device. In such a case, ESET Management Agent will try to resend and re-synchronize data after some time (around ~1 week), so maybe it already happened for this specific device in the meantime?

Unfortunately it seems that migration guide is missing one step, that would help to mitigate this issue. We will consult this with documentation team and possibly extend guide with manual steps that might resolve this issue for all devices automatically.

EDIT: I will also reference some older hints to target this issue:

• For SQLServer, check this explanation and also SQL query to be executed: 
  • For MySQL, check this:
Edited by MartinK

13 hours ago, MartinK said:

What happens is that ESET Management Agent was not able to recognize it was actually migrated, and thus it did not resent data to new PROTECT server, resulting in missing data - most probably there will be lots of other data missing regarding the device. In such a case, ESET Management Agent will try to resend and re-synchronize data after some time (around ~1 week), so maybe it already happened for this specific device in the meantime?

Unfortunately it seems that migration guide is missing one step, that would help to mitigate this issue. We will consult this with documentation team and possibly extend guide with manual steps that might resolve this issue for all devices automatically.

EDIT: I will also reference some older hints to target this issue:

• For SQLServer, check this explanation and also SQL query to be executed: 
  • For MySQL, check this:

Hi @MartinK,

Thanks your reply.

It worked after i restart client and server.