ESET Bridge virtual appliance required

this post is to highlight the strong need for a virtual appliance for eset bridge so that the bridge installation can be expedited at the client premises.

we have a need to install eset bridge on a separate server machine for eset protect advanced cloud license. but there is no windows server license available and users are not comfortable maintaining a linux server (hard machine or virtual).

availability of a virtual appliance can help to ease the task of installing bridge in the network quickly.

• ESET Staff

I'm not 100% sure if I understand this correctly, however, Bridge does support the newest version of the Virtual Appliance which is compatible with the ESET PROTECT (Rocky Linux 9.3)

But if I have missed out on your question I will be more than happy to answer additional questions.

1 minute ago, IggyPop said:

I'm not 100% sure if I understand this correctly, however, Bridge does support the newest version of the Virtual Appliance which is compatible with the ESET PROTECT (Rocky Linux 9.3)

But if I have missed out on your question I will be more than happy to answer additional questions.

what I meant is a separate virtual appliance for eset bridge only, i.e. standalone eset bridge, which in our case is a requirement for eset cloud license, so there is no ¨on premise¨ eset protect. but the standalone installation of eset bridge can also be used along with on-premise eset protect, especially where bridge is not installed on the same server machine as eset protect, and windows server license is not provisioned for.

• Marcos changed the title to ESET Bridge virtual appliance required
  • Administrators

What benefits do you see in having a stand-alone appliance with ESET Bridge compared to installing ESET Bridge on the existing ESET PROTECT VA?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What benefits do you see in having a stand-alone appliance with ESET Bridge compared to installing ESET Bridge on the existing ESET PROTECT VA?

my immediate requirement is for standalone eset bridge in a network that used eset protect cloud license, so there is no on-premise eset protect.

but even if there is on-prem eset protect VA, there may be a need to provide proxy connection to some offline department clients that currently use offline license (with updates thru mirroring) due to no internet access.

by using eset bridge, only the eset updates are delivered (other internet traffic is still blocked) & these clients can then be managed from eset protect. (mirroring will not provide manageability from eset protect).

Edited by sanjay mehta