"unable to open"

Bass

My mouse was behaving erratically so I did a custom scan on all 4 drives, I after an hour ESET gave me a very long list of orange-coloured files that mainly said at the end "unable to open" is this caused by not having enough RAM or are these files damaged???

EXAMPLES:-

E:\ComunitecNetworkSetup\SOFTWARE\MicroStrategyDesktop_10.11_Windows\MicroStrategy Desktop 10.11\resources\unpacked\WindowsDesktop.exe » INSTALLSHIELD » data2.cab - decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\DataSharing\Storage\DSTokenDB2.dat - unable to open [4]

HOPE someone can help

• Administrators

You should ignore the warnings. The first archive probably cannot be unpacked due to insufficient free space on a disk or RAM. the second one is exclusively being used by another process or operating system and thus could not be scanned.

Thanks Marcos, I totaly agree with you. Have removed the OS hard drive and am using other PC to check it using NOD32. 

But might inaccessible files still be compromised? And is it possible that they are irreversibly inaccessible? 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Alex S said:

But might inaccessible files still be compromised? And is it possible that they are irreversibly inaccessible? 

Very theoretically, e.g. if they got infected when the disk was connected to an infected machine.