#CASE_00742571 - Camera notification

Hi ESET Team, 

What is the best recommendation about this issue?

Even though I have blocked Microsoft edge from accessing my camera, every time I delete history or adjust settings I get an ESET notification that microsoft edge tried to access my camera and was blocked.

Weird. I haven't visited any malicious sites or links, and both the eset antivirus update and windows update are working fine. The computer scan also did not reveal anything. I have also updated microsoft edge and reset/refresh it on a few occasions.

I believe the system has also sent you logs / technical data.

Hence I just wanted to confirm with you if (a) this notification is an ESET error, or (b) the notification is a microsost edge errors or (c) is there actual risk of malware and (d) finally, do I need to reinstall ESET?

• Administrators

If I understand it correctly, the user has a rule to block the web cam when accessed by Edge and it works as expected and access is blocked automatically. Or is it that ESET keeps asking the user when Edge attempts to use the web cam?

Hi,

The screenshot of the notification is below, followed by the information for your points below it
As you can see in the screenshot above, although camera is blocked in edge, every time I clear browser history I get the webcam access blocked notification visible on the lower right.
image.thumb.png.da171b654fb3b6b130ce8bedf9bdb3e3.png

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Microbe said:
Hi,

The screenshot of the notification is below, followed by the information for your points below it
As you can see in the screenshot above, although camera is blocked in edge, every time I clear browser history I get the webcam access blocked notification visible on the lower right.
image.thumb.png.da171b654fb3b6b130ce8bedf9bdb3e3.png

What happens if you block the Camera Access to Edge from Privacy Settings in Windows 10/11?

• Administrators

Do you want ESET to block web cam silently without displaying a notification?

Hi ESET Team,

See the response from our client:

I just wanted to confirm with you if (a) this notification is an ESET error, or (b) the notification is a microsost edge errors or (c) is there actual risk of malware and (d) finally, do I need to reinstall ESET?

Though we are able to provide him an information for his question above, but he is still have questions:

thanks. But why is it trying to connect when there is no website and you are only trying to delete browser history. I get this notification rarely on startup otherwise only when i shut all tabs and only clear browser history. - Our client .

Cheers, 

Gil