Mail gets moved to infected items folder in Outlook

Good day 

I run a small home business using a Microsoft 365 Exchange server, which manages multiple email addresses and is protected by ESET HOME Security Essential.

One of the user accounts was recently infected, and the device had to be rebuilt. MS365 and ESET HOME Security Essential were installed on the device. However, the user reported an issue. Whenever she receives an email, it is automatically moved to the infected items folder.

I have searched on Google for an explanation or a solution to my problem, but I am still struggling with it. I am hoping that this forum can guide me in the right direction to fix this error.

• Administrators

You should be able to select the desired action or folder that infected email messages will be moved to in the Email protection setup -> Mailbox protection -> Response:

image.png

I have changed these settings but still no fix to the error.

The mail still gets intercepted as infected items will do further investigation as to clearing MS365 outlook rules

• Administrators

If the folder is called "Infected items", it's likely not ESET that moves messages there as we move infected messages to the "Detected items" folder.