NOD32 17.1.9.0 not allowing VPN to connect

Go to solution Solved by Israeli,

Ever since updating to the new NOD32 17.1.9.0 last night my VPN which is hide.me can't connect until I either disable NOD32 temporarily or disable the Network Traffic Scanner, once it is connected and I enable NOD32 the VPN will continue to work but the initial connection doesn't happen anymore until NOD32 is disabled or the Network Traffic Scanner is diabled. I have also added the VPN to the exclusions and also allowed it in the web access under excluded apps

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

21 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

eav_logs.zip

• Administrators

Does excluding also C:\Windows\System32\dasHost.exe in Web access protection setup make a difference?

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does excluding also C:\Windows\System32\dasHost.exe in Web access protection setup make a difference?

Unfortunately, I had to uninstall NOD32 as I had to work and this was causing me a lot of headaches.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DanielB said:

Where can I find the changelog for this version?

It will be available with the release of v17.1.9 soon.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:55 AM, Super_Spartan said:

last night my VPN which is hide.me can't connect until I either disable NOD32 temporarily or disable the Network Traffic Scanner, once it is connected and I enable NOD32 the VPN will continue to work

Add exclusion to Web Access protection per;

If the application in question is not a browser or email client, you can completely exclude it from Web access protection (doing this for the browser or email client would leave you exposed). Any application that had its communication filtered in the past should already be in the list provided to you when adding an exception, so manually adding one should not be necessary.

https://help.eset.com/eea/10.1/en-US/solving_problems_protocol_filtering.html

The exclusion being;

8. Antivirus / Firewall

If you’re using any Firewall/Security/Anti-virus software(s) on your computer, please disable them temporarily and see if that clears the problem? If it does, you will need to add an exclusion for hide.me VPN client file below into your Firewall/Security/Anti-virus software(s).

C:\Program files (x86)\hide.me VPN\hide.me.exe

https://hide.me/en/knowledgebase/why-a-vpn-connection-could-not-be-established/

Edited by itman

• Administrators

The logs have been forwarded to developers for perusal. Will keep you posted.

P_ESSW-18061

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Israeli said:

Here you can fix the problem and I tested it with ProtonVPN:

Clipboard01.jpg

Yes I tried that and it did work but if you do that, the ESET icons shows warning like something is wrong which I don't like. I have been asking for years for ESET to allow us to selectively install some of the components like Avast/AVG does but in vain. My biggest issues with ESET has always been its HTTP scanner.

Edited by Super_Spartan

37 minutes ago, Super_Spartan said:

Yes I tried that and it did work but if you do that, the ESET icons shows warning like something is wrong which I don't like. I have been asking for years for ESET to allow us to selectively install some of the components like Avast/AVG does but in vin. My biggest issues with ESET has always been its HTTP scanner.

No, it works normally if you ONLY disable this small part HTTP/3!
So that the Network Traffic Scanner generally stays enabled.

Edited by Israeli

• Administrators

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce the issue with neither VPN and v17.1.9 installed. Please provide an unfiltered  Wireshark pcap log from time when the VPN connection attempt is failing.

10 hours ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce the issue with neither VPN and v17.1.9 installed. Please provide an unfiltered  Wireshark pcap log from time when the VPN connection attempt is failing.

The issue happens for example in ProtonVPN (using WireGuard protocol) which also you can test for free!! 😎
https://protonvpn.com/free-vpn

Edited by Israeli

On 4/3/2024 at 3:50 PM, Israeli said:

Here you can fix the problem and I tested it with ProtonVPN:

Clipboard01.jpg

I had an issue with ProtonVPN not connecting with Wireguard protocol. This fixed it for me. Thanks a lot :)

• 3 weeks later...