Malicious use of ESET against me.

Guest Jason

I had found some unknown files on my PC leading me to investigate. Upon doing so it was obvious to me remote access has been used to gain entry into my pc. Inspection of event logs shows ESET to have done a full scan of my pc. The next logged event was seconds after the scan had finished  and shows that ESET ran a script

• Administrators

ESET is a reputable security company that has been on the market for more than 30 years already. Out products do not perform any malicious actions  nor do contain a remote control function. Even the remote management agent cannot control the machine and merely maintenance connection between Endpoint and the ESET PROTECT server.

Also running a script cannot be considered malicious unless the script is malicious. Many legitimate programs and also Windows itself may run script for legitimate purposes.

The best would be if you could provide some screenshots for illustration but I'm sure there must be some misunderstanding of what you were seeing.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

As my colleague @Marcos noted, enterprise versions of our software do have remote management capabilities.  Could this be what you observed?  Please share more information, such as the requested screenshots.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.