Safe Banking & Browsing - restart / reboot does not help

Hello, for the last month Eset Internet Security (EIS) has been giving me a problem that I can't solve. 

- After installing EIS, I get a standard warning about "safe banking & browsing" in the browser (Chrome, Edge), which requires a restart.

-  After restarting, the notification disappears and everything is OK.

- The next day after turning on the PC, the notification is there again and the Safe Banking & Browsing function is not working. Restarting or rebooting does not help.

What should I do to fix the issue? Thank you and have a nice day. 

eset01.jpg

eset02.jpg

eset03.jpg

• Administrators

Since we could not find any issue in the attached logs, please raise a support ticket. A logging version of the Safe banking and payment module will need to be installed to get more information.

OK, thanks, I'll do that. By the way, when I restore W11 from a clean install backup with no updates, EIS works fine. Only when I update W11 does the notification about the problem start to appear. I first noticed a problem with the previous W11 update - but a reboot helped there. After the current W11 update, even a reboot does not help and the notification is still on.

And what surprises me the most is that the first restart after installing EIS is successful and there is no notification. Until the next day. Very weird.

• ESET Staff
On 3/29/2024 at 11:24 AM, egres said:

OK, thanks, I'll do that. By the way, when I restore W11 from a clean install backup with no updates, EIS works fine. Only when I update W11 does the notification about the problem start to appear. I first noticed a problem with the previous W11 update - but a reboot helped there. After the current W11 update, even a reboot does not help and the notification is still on.

And what surprises me the most is that the first restart after installing EIS is successful and there is no notification. Until the next day. Very weird.

Based on your logs, you have installed a lot of apps. When you restore W11 from a clean install backup, did you already have those apps?

Do you have connected any other HID (keyboard type) device to your PC except keyboard and mouse? I mean any other device that can create and send input messages to PC (musical instrument, device for media postprocessing, ...).