ESSP 17.0.16.0 Browser Protection

Go to solution Solved by constexpr,

Hi All,

How do I exclude this or mark as safe in ESSP or get it where the action taken is not blocked?

This is Mirekusoft Installation Monitor

Ashampoo_Snap_2024.03.25_21h06m46s_001_.png

Edited by Tmod

The blocking of this file is taking place in the cloud as I can disable "Enable ESET Livegrid reputation system" and everything functions correctly.

I have ran a malware and virus scan on this file on virustotal.com and it came back clean. 

Mspydll.dll is able to manipulate other programs, monitor applications and record keyboard and mouse inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 62% dangerous.

https://www.file.net/process/mspydll.dll.html

Since Eset's Browser Privacy & Security feature is alerting about this .dll, I assume its attempting to perform one or more of the above activities against your browser.

Edited by itman

39 minutes ago, itman said:

https://www.file.net/process/mspydll.dll.html

Since Eset's Browser Privacy & Security feature is alerting about this .dll, I assume its attempting to perform one or more of the above activities against your browser.

Correct as it Monitors for the installation of any software, As far as manipulate or log keyboard and mouse I have not seen that from it.
After install of a software package you can then see what registry changes or additions were made as well as files changed or added or removed.
It basically does what systracer, Revo Uninstaller and may other programs do w/o the need to log each install.

It seems being based on reputation that since not many have used it, It will automatically be blocked.

Would be nice to have a way of unblocking a file that was tagged by reputation as unsafe.

I would hope that if there was a issue with the file that a scan by Eset would detect it. 

But both no detections.

Ashampoo_Snap_2024.03.26_14h33m29s_001_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_2024.03.26_14h35m48s_002_.png

Another thing I noticed is that if I select Allow execution immediately in Liveguard proactive protection it still will not allow execution.
Thinking that switch does absolutely nothing.

eset.png

So with the lack of response from Eset I assume it is not possible to exclude this file from the cloud and have it unblock the file?

Exclude from submission in Liveguard does absolutely nothing.

Since you are persistent in your desired use of this app, the only solution I know of is to disable Eset Browser Privacy & Security feature since it is what is alerting about this .dll.

Browser Privacy & Security is not an essential security protection. Its primary purpose is to examine browser search results and warn via icon notification about a suspect web site. As far as I am aware of, there is no way to create exceptions to Browser Privacy & Security.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

There are mixed multiple layers and features, to clarify them:

• ESET Browser Privacy & Security = browser extension with privacy and security features for visited websites and user data/settings
  • Safe Banking & Browsing = protected browser that allows you to run isolated browser instance from desktop shortcut, or protect existing browser when Secure all browsers setting is On

Regarding to blocked file, wait 1-2 days for ESSP 17.1 update where you will have a possibility to manually allow blocked file on your own. When you trust your vendor that inject that file to your browser, you will be able to allow it. Of course such action may brings browser unstability, but when something goes wrong, you will know what products are in conflict, how did you do that and how to restore it back.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:17 AM, constexpr said:

There are mixed multiple layers and features, to clarify them:

• ESET Browser Privacy & Security = browser extension with privacy and security features for visited websites and user data/settings
  • Safe Banking & Browsing = protected browser that allows you to run isolated browser instance from desktop shortcut, or protect existing browser when Secure all browsers setting is On

Regarding to blocked file, wait 1-2 days for ESSP 17.1 update where you will have a possibility to manually allow blocked file on your own. When you trust your vendor that inject that file to your browser, you will be able to allow it. Of course such action may brings browser unstability, but when something goes wrong, you will know what products are in conflict, how did you do that and how to restore it back.

Worked like a charm adding the exceptions to the browser protection, Thanks!!