Eset keeps blocking RDP from different computers.

My client has a computer that needs to be accessible through RDP from random locations and random computers.

I have opened and allowed RDP and port 4002 both directions in Eset firewall. If it is a PC that logged in though RDP in the past (was allowed manually in Eset after first attempt was blocked ) it can reconnect without any problem. However every time my client changes location as he travels a lot, his access gets blocked. Is it because his IP is changing? And how do I stop this Eset behavior. 

Thank you,

D13

• Administrators

RDP is allowed only in trusted zones by default for security reasons. Please make sure that the IP address initiating an RDP connection is trusted (e.g. Setup -> Network -> Network connections).

On 1/30/2024 at 11:20 AM, Marcos said:

RDP is allowed only in trusted zones by default for security reasons. Please make sure that the IP address initiating an RDP connection is trusted (e.g. Setup -> Network -> Network connections).

Same problem as OP. Tried the above - still no joy.

Why is ESET blocking legitimate, and mission critical RDP connections like this?

The ESET Protect cloud interface REALLY sucks too. Computers are supposed to be bicycles of the mind. Managing ESET shouldn't be a full-time job. I am busy. I don't have time for this. Why aren't you making my life easier?

• Administrators

RDP is allowed in the trusted zone. It would be dangerous if it was allowed by the firewall from untrusted networks too.

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue with blocked RDP
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments). If the archive is too big to upload here, upload it to a file sharing service and drop me a private message with a download link.

• Administrators

It appears that the default firewall rules applied via policies were corrupted and set incorrect values. Please remove all policies with firewall rules and re-create them from scratch. Let us know if it resolves the issue.