Webcam protection is non-functional problem

Guest HyunNim

I installed the Eset Smart Security Premium version on my Samsung notebook (NT950XEV-G51A) yesterday. However, after installation, a yellow background warning message appeared and I received the phrase 'Webcam Protection is non-functional'. In that content, there was a notice that 'Webcam protection is not fully functional and only applies to newly connected cameras until you restart your computer' and I rebooted it because there was a button 'Restart computer' underneath. Since then, the warning notice has been no longer visible and has changed to 'Green Background' as normal. 

So here's what I'm curious about.
1. Was the computer a vaccine program error (bug) without any intrusion and problems from the outside, even if this happened? (No virus found)
2. Can I use it as it is without having to reinstall the program?
(I attach the photo below. It's from Google, but you can change 'Device' to 'Webcam'.)

I would like to ask you these two questions. Thank you.
(Use Windows 10 Pro 22h2 / Use the latest version of Eset)image.png.b202107b4992ebbefc303a1be5e18b

• Administrators

Unfortunately it is not clear what the issue is. My understanding is that you received the above notification telling you to reboot the machine to complete the installation of Webcam protection which you did and the notification didn't appear again as expected. Please clarify.

Guest HyunNim
20 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately it is not clear what the issue is. My understanding is that you received the above notification telling you to reboot the machine to complete the installation of Webcam protection which you did and the notification didn't appear again as expected. Please clarify.

I'll say it again. The above warning occurred after installing Eset, and it disappeared after a reboot. So is it okay to just use it without having to reinstall it?

Guest HyunNim
7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Yes. Some features may require a computer restart after installation or upgrade to work.

Please understand that I couldn't write clearly because I am from another country, and thank you for your quick response. You answered much faster than the Eset support center in my country!