ESET - Windows Firewall

Mr.Gains
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Just curious if someone could help me out here as I cannot find documentation for ESET configuration with Windows Firewall for both workstations and servers. I got confused that it was recommended that Windows is turned off with another ESET product. Could someone point me in the right direction in where I could find this in ESET Protect? I'm working on the GPOs, and would like to make sure there's no issues in trying to be in compliance and ESET working altogether.

Currently on:

ESET Protect 10.1.1283.0

ESET Endpoint Security 11.0.2032.0

ESET File Security 10.0.12014.0

Thanks,

• Administrators
  • Solution

ESET security products for servers do not contain a firewall. If you install ESET Endpoint Security on an endpoint, Windows will automatically deactivate its firewall:

image.png

On 1/20/2024 at 2:09 AM, Marcos said:

ESET security products for servers do not contain a firewall. If you install ESET Endpoint Security on an endpoint, Windows will automatically deactivate its firewall:

image.png

Thank you for the clarification. What if I need to enable Windows Defender for endpoints, is there any issues or configuration that can be done?

• Administrators

Windows firewall allows all outbound communication so no extra rules should be needed for ESET security products to work.