Eset Internet Security - Does it check both inbound and outbound traffic?

Does the firewall check both incoming data and outgoing data? Basicly it checks what leaves my computer, right?

The Eset firewall configured at default settings and rules only monitors inbound Internet traffic. All outbound Internet is allowed.

Edited by itman

As I understand it, in cooperation with other modules, EIS and above checks for possible malicious outgoing connections (for example, protection against botnets.) 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the answers.

I have one more question related to this. Is it possible to check both in- and outbound traffic? 

Edited by Bezdar

I think, when firewall is in automatic mode, ESET allows all outbound connections, however, it checks outbound connections against ESET blacklisted IPs(botnets, etc) database, and will alarm if outbound connection match their database. And ESET browser add-on will check that too. I'm using Netcraft chrome browser extension with ESET browser extension and they work pretty good together, sometimes Netcraft alerts about fraudulent sites and vice versa. So why not using them both.

If you want to control all outbound connections, i recommend to switch the firewall to learning mode for one week or so, then switch to interactive mode. That's what i did.

• Administrators

Botnet protection can detect and block also outbound malicious communication, if detected.