I just got the VPN offer pop-up notification I thought I turn them all off😠, where is the setting to turn that and other similar offers off for good.

Thanks

Edited by URBAN0

Do you have marketing messages turned off in settings?

Advanced Setup/Notifications/Interactive Alerts... Under In-product messaging make sure Display is turned off.

2 hours ago, Glassertje said:

I am a bit surprised by this message. I'm about to renew, but if ESET starts sending pop-ups, that's the end for me. I chose ESET precisely because they didn't deal with this nonsense. I'm a user sins the beginning of NOD32.

So @Marcos could you tell me something about this? Should I worry about pop-ups? I really hate these things. If it matters, i use EIS.

Lets hope this was only one time thing.

1 hour ago, zathras said:

Advanced Setup/Notifications/Interactive Alerts... Under In-product messaging make sure Display is turned off.

Yes its off😶

Edited by URBAN0

4 hours ago, Glassertje said:

I am a bit surprised by this message. I'm about to renew, but if ESET starts sending pop-ups, that's the end for me. I chose ESET precisely because they didn't deal with this nonsense. I'm a user sins the beginning of NOD32.

So @Marcos could you tell me something about this? Should I worry about pop-ups? I really hate these things. If it matters, i use EIS.

Several years ago avast made a big change and at the time I had # of licences of avast pro for close to 2 decades, loved it, even the blue tray icon was iconic, then they decided to change things up and I was OK with some of them, but push offers to paying users I don't know what they were thinking.

A lot of users left because of it. Avast had a good customer support, they even offered me a year of free subscription on few of my systems, but after seen where they were heading, there was no turning back.

Look at avast today, they are not doing that great a lot of users come and go, they don't stay and renew their subscriptions.

I hope ESET sticks with what works and that is clean, light weight and users choice without infliction.

Edited by URBAN0

20 minutes ago, Glassertje said:

Avast has been sold to NortonLifeLock

I thought I heard that before.

20 minutes ago, Glassertje said:

As for ESET. I find it strange that there is no response from ESET here

Indeed...I asked simple question, no answer makes you speculate,  time will tell.

Edited by URBAN0

5 hours ago, zathras said:

There looks to be a bug in the current stable as mine was set to ? which took 2 clicks to turn it off (should note I was seeing the promo on Nod32)

Edited by Chas4

This is not cool🤨 2 days later and again.

I have disabled "Display marketing messages" yet, still persist.  I asked already:

On 12/20/2023 at 7:24 PM, URBAN0 said:

is the setting to turn that and other similar offers off for good.

Seems that by default the switch is in the middle position and greyed out with ? I have turn the switch off 2 days ago,  yet today I still get this.

I'm going to ask politely again, is there something else I'm missing please and thank you.

Untitled.thumb.png.4178b107664d8473b216929c82a6d701.png

Edited by URBAN0

• Administrators

This will need to be investigated with your license seller who controls what messages are delivered to their clients. They should be also able to set up an exception for particular users if you contact them.

Hi Marcos,

Honestly, what you saying sounds sketchy, just to say something. I purchased directly from ESET.com.

Edited by URBAN0

• Administrators

Probably you have a license from ESET Canada. Please provide your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX to identify your license.

It's been a few days with no nags which is like a breath of fresh air.

On a surface, this might seem petty, but it's the way customer(s) view and/or feel when their wish is being ignored and overwritten by companies/vendors priority and need to impose.
Thus far, ESET has been exceptional in that regard, lest hope they continue to be that way.

Thank you

Edited by URBAN0

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, URBAN0 said:
It's been a few days with no nags which is like a breath of fresh air.

On a surface, this might seem petty, but it's the way customer(s) view and/or feel when their wish is being ignored and overwritten by companies/vendors priority and need to impose.
Thus far, ESET has been exceptional in that regard, lest hope they continue to be that way.

Thank you

Try to contact support through ESET Gui or through your registered email address for the license , and explain to tech support that the marketing messages isn't going even after disabling , they should fix it through an update or from their side , probably that is a bug

Edited by Nightowl

11 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Try to contact support through ESET Gui or through your registered email address for the license , and explain to tech support that the marketing messages isn't going even after disabling , they should fix it through an update or from their side , probably that is a bug

So far has been quiet that makes me happy, but if it does comeback and I really hope it doesn't,  I might just do that.

Thanks

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, URBAN0 said:

So far has been quiet that makes me happy, but if it does comeback and I really hope it doesn't,  I might just do that.

Thanks

I believe it's just a bug or the settings in the ESET wasn't being applied correctly to prevent getting ads from the ads servers , could be just an error/bug from ESET side or from ESET software.

On 12/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, Glassertje said:

Avast has been sold to NortonLifeLock. Guess they had no other choice after the data selling scandal.

Funniest thing is that when you enter their US website , you will get a big pop-up

WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY

Yes very true and I want to cry from the honesty :D

My Privacy is so Valued in Avast , that because of it's Value , they started to sell it :D lol:rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Nightowl