Windows Defender - Vulnerability & Patch Management

Andi316

Hello

I'm getting a lot of "Windows Defender" warnings in the Vulnerability & Patch Management. I have no idea how to update the Microsoft Defender? I thougt the Defender is disabled when using Eset Endpoint Security?

I'm confused right now. 

Edited by Andi316

• Andi316 changed the title to Windows Defender - Vulnerability & Patch Management
  • Administrators

Windows downloads Defender updates since WD is activated when ESET or another 3rd party AV is disabled or uninstalled. Also it's possible to enable period scanning with Defender while another AV is protecting the machine.

Can you describe what I have to do to get the Defender Updates? The problem is on over 100 machines, the first warning message appeard at 29th November. 

I hadn't changed anything, I don't know why the  Vulnerability & Patch Management shows up the problem. 

• 1 month later...

We have this too. We discovered it with a client who went through CyberEssentials +

It seems Windows Defender used to keep itself up to date even with a 3rd party AV installed. Something was changed and now it doesnt. This causes Vulnerability scanners to flag it as out of date (which it is)