ESET FULL DISK ENCRYPTION-offline license

kelepe

Hello,

we have problem with offline license and EFDE product. EFDE version is 1.4.52.0. Previous version had problem with offline licensing (based on costumer support), we were advised to upgrade to version 1.4.52.0. We can activate product with offline license, but after 30 minutes or so, we have notification that product is not activated. We use tasks to reactivate product, but this is not expected behavior. Please see log. This environment is completely offline.

efde_ais_2023-12-04.log

• ESET Staff

Hi @kelepe,

Would you be able to submit a support ticket with the following logs please: https://support.eset.com/en/kb7123-eset-encryption-diagnostics-tool via https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/

As we would be interested to see all of the logs and the licenses files etc. Just to get a full picture of the issue.

Thank you.

Thank you Kstainton.

Case support number: #00676189. Last week we had problem to active EFDE older version (1.3.4.39) with offline lic at all (case number 00674170) where we was advised to use newer version, with newer version we have described issue.

Thank you .

• ESET Staff

Hi @kelepe,

Thank you, I took a look at case #00676189 and it seems as though the following error is being returned:

[2023-12-04 00:40:12.509] [licence] [error] [3980] Server Returned : Licence Not Found

It seems as if the EFDE Client is attempting to verify the Offline License via the Server and it unable to find it. Can you verify the correct Offline License File that you are using still exists against your license within your ESET Business Account?

Thank you.

Edited by Kstainton

Hi Kstainton,

when you follow log, 5 lines later there is Activation task by agent, and success activation with license... And after 30 minutes this state"

[2023-12-04 00:40:12.469] [licence] [info] [3980] Offline licence is still not activated online so will attempt to activate it

Then Activation task again. And this is going in the endless loop...

• ESET Staff

Hi @kelepe,

So the 'Activation Task' is not manually being sent? As I understand it, EFDE checked the validity of an Offline License online every 30 minutes, if it is not valid it will be unlicensed. However, if a 'Activation Task' with an Offline License File is sent it will be 'Activated' until it can verify this online, hence I just wished to check the Offline License File still exists in the ESET Business Account. 

I am currently attempting to test/replicate this on a Virtual Machine with no luck as of yet. Thank you.

Edited by Kstainton

Hi Kstainton,

you are right. We use automatic activation task for product that has problem with activation, for instance during installation task. We have dynamic group based on Security product and Activation problem (not activated). On this group we have task to activate this product. In my case, product is activated with offline lic, I can find it in ProgramData/eset/EFDE/AIS/License folder. In the log I can see the strange behaviour - Offline licence is still not activated online.... License file is downloaded from our EBA account. How offline file can be verified online in offline environment, that is purpose of the offline file not???

Thank you, for replicate problem.

• ESET Staff

Hi @kelepe,

I have just spoken to the Development Team and they have replicated an issue which seems awfully similar to yours. I will request the ticket you have submitted to be escalated to our team.

Just to check this issue only happens when we use an installer with an offline license and not when we use a task to activate EFDE with an offline license, does this issue happen if you manually send a task to activate it with an offline license?

Thank you.

Edited by Kstainton

Hi Kstainton,

Just to clarify, we used installer task with offline license, after 30 minutes EFDE becomes "not activated". We trigger activation task, which activate product. Then again in 30 minutes EFDE becomes "not activated", even .lf file is missing in the programdata dir for EFDE. THen another loop - Activated - Deactivated - Activation Task - Activated - Deactivated .... ano so on. I can try to uninstall EFDE, and install it without offline license, and then use activation task... I will let you know result....

Thank you.

Quick update, same situation in terms of EFDE reinstallation using Software install task without assigned offline license. We still have 30 minutes. We will wait for software update.

Another quick update on EFDE v1.4.52.0. Maybe it is just coincidence on our environment, but EFDE does not react on encryption policies (e.q start decryption, stop encryption) via ESET PROTECT On-prem. As a workaround we have to Repair installation and policy is updated. This is just remark for devel. team for EFDE software update.

• 2 months later...
  • ESET Staff
Posted (edited)

Hi @kelepe,

Frustrating, sorry about that. May I ask you to do the following for me please:

We need to up the logging to debug level and then acquire some logs for me so I can see if the Agent is communicating the Offline 'Activation' task and if it is erroring on the EFDE Client with higher debugging.

To do this access the following path in the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Full Disk Encryption\CurrentVersion\AIS\Logs\Loggers

Change 'License' from "info" to "debug"

Re-attempt the 'Activation' task using your Offline License and leave it time to process (EP Console should update if you it is sent or failed) and then acquire these logs: https://www.eset.com/int/support/log-collector/

Once you have these logs, can you submit a support case via the following: https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/ as it seems this will need more attention by the Developers that I cannot provide over the forum I am afraid.

Thank you, and sorry again.

Edited by Kstainton