Forced restart of client's computer after hardware change

PC with Win 10 Pro and SATA SSD. I upgraded it to 11 Pro, then used Macrium Reflect to clone it to NVMe SSD. Everything was working fine. After that I noticed in ESET Protect blue notification in "Status Overview -> Questions -> Some decisions cannot be handled automatically...blablabla. -> Computer connection questions: 1". So i clicked it and there was a notification about that PC because of hardware change. So I selected that option that said the hardware was changed and clicked ok. And in a moment a co-worker calls to me and says that it had a notification that ESET will restart a PC in 30 seconds and he couldn't cancel it and his pc restared!! What the f***! How could you program it like this? With no mention in eset protect that it will reboot client PC!

Edited by kapela86

• Administrators

You have de-duplicated the device by resolving cloning questions which created a new entity. We assume that you have a task that is run for newly added devices (upgrade, sw installation, reboot task, etc.) which should be found in device details in the console. It also matters what happened with the data from the original disk; whether you cloned it to the new one, restored an older image with an older agent db, or if you deployed agent from scratch. Please raise a support ticket for assistance, if necessary.

It didn't create duplicate entity in "Computers" list. And I found this in audit log.

image.thumb.png.699f5cccafac630f90d457192c5c2563.png

11:21 is me running reboot from console

12:17 is me accepting that notification about hardware change.

And we don't have tasks that are run on new computers automatically.

I used Macrium Reflect from pendrive. Cloned SATA SSD to NVMe SSD, turned off pc, disconected SATA SSD and just turned it on.

Edited by kapela86