ESET INTERNET SECURITY not working after 17.0.15

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you choose to uninstall v17, it's possible to export the configuration also on non-ACS systems:

image.png

EIS v16 can be downloaded from https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eis/windows/v15/latest/eis_nt64.exe.

I have exported settings when i am uninstalling version, i have downloaded from your link it shows product version 15.2.17.0? download and see.  I need latest version of 16 please??

Edited by Tim_01

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The installer downloaded from my link shows:

image.png

First time when i downloaded, it showed otherwise ( 15.2.17.0) i am downloading again.

it is still downloading slowly  50kbs - 60kbs (no issue with my internet connection), in the mean time ESET Staff should look  into this  https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products?ref=esf

as i have stated previously version 16 is wrong.

8 minutes ago, Tim_01 said:

as i have stated previously version 16 is wrong.

Open this link: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products?ref=esf .

Scroll down in the web page to the section named, "Earlier versions of ESET Windows home products." Select ver. 16 there for the Eset product you have installed.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, zathras said:

At least for Eset Anti-Virus it was offered thru automatic updates.  I would not have manually updated otherwise.

Couldn't it be that you updated from the pre-release update channel? You can find out quickly by checking the version of the installed engine. If it ends with "P", you have pre-release updates.

5 minutes ago, itman said:

Open this link: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products?ref=esf .

Scroll down in the web page to the section named, "Earlier versions of ESET Windows home products." Select ver. 16 there for the Eset product you have installed.

I have done couple of times please download Eset Internet Security 16. after downloading see properties of the file. no luck

33 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The installer downloaded from my link shows:

image.png

again no luck from my side, can double check, see the file size also.68.1 mb. i am in a stressful situation now.

Eset Again 2.jpg

14 minutes ago, Tim_01 said:

I have done couple of times please download Eset Internet Security 16. after downloading see properties of the file. no luck

You are indeed correct. The web site is downloading ver. 17.0.15;

Eset_Download.png.e9e07d7f1a45cb9411dc28c377de1403.png

Looks like Eset can't do anything right lately.

Problem might be the download is coming from the Eset International web site which doesn't seem right.

Edited by itman

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

In order to download v16, use the link https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eis/windows/v16/latest/eis_nt64.exe, not the one from the KB.

NOW IT IS WORKING, INSTALLATION IN PROGRESS . AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED DO I NEED DISABLE APPLICATION UPDATE, BECAUSE I AM SCARED IT WILL AGAIN UPDATED TO VERSION 17?

I KNOW THAT WITHOUT ACS SUPPORT I CAN'T UPDATE TO VERSION 17, NO ISSUE I CAN STAY WITH VERSION 16 UNTIL END OF THE SUPPORT.

• Administrators

Upgrade to v17 will not be offered for non-ACS systems as of now. Automatic update has been disabled on the regular update channel, it's enabled only on the pre-release channel. Currently only manual upgrade works when updating from the regular update channel.

I would like to remind that installing ACS support is crucial. Without it, it won't be possible to install any version of ESET products on systems without ACS support after December 7.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Automatic update has been disabled on the regular update channel

👍

What about forced in-product upgrade option?

• Administrators
Just now, itman said:

👍

What about forced in-product upgrade option?

Forced upgrade by pressing "Check for updates" will upgrade the product to v17. Automatic upgrade is not enabled yet, however.

Upgrade to v17 will not be offered for non-ACS systems as of now. Automatic update had been disabled on the regular update channel, it's enabled only on the pre-release channel.

Yes i have understand, as you stated as of now, i am asking do i need to disable application update  for more safety for future?

Forced upgrade by pressing "Check for updates" will upgrade the product to v17.

Plan on not getting much sleep for awhile.

@itman initial scan is running, i have a question best way to import the settings after a restart or is it ok to do with initial scan running (do i need to have internet connection when importing the settings?)

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Skier said:

Manually selecting 'Check for Updates' doesn't offer me v17.  In the UK with Windows 11 23H2.  I cant say i'm that desperate to update.

I stand correct, as I've heard from a colleague manual update is currently disabled on the regular update channel until we get confirmation that the issue with subscription verification notification has been resolved.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Tim_01 said:

@itman initial scan is running, i have a question best way to import the settings after a restart or is it ok to do with initial scan running (do i need to have internet connection when importing the settings?)

It doesn't matter when you import the configuration and whether the machine is connected to the Internet at the moment or not.

32 minutes ago, Tim_01 said:

Yes i have understand, as you stated as of now, i am asking do i need to disable application update  for more safety for future?

@Marcos please answer?