"Banking and Payment Protection will only be fully functional after the computer has been restarted" never goes away.

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Title says it all. No matter how many times I restart the PC, the same warning is displayed every time. In addition, even after disabling Banking & Payment Protection, the orange "warning" border shows up after certain actions, such as switching a youtube video to fullscreen mode and won't go away until I restart the browser (Chrome).

This latter issue in particular is getting highly annoying to the point where I'm considering dropping ESET altogether.
image.png.b93e67c993dd2d64ba03015f91fb8489.png

Edited by MPreissl

That does in fact appear to have fixed it. Might I ask why this shutdown method in particular has a different outcome than just using the standard windows shutdown? As far as I can tell the parameters just mean "restart afterwards" and "immediately"?

• Administrators

Honestly had you fast startup enabled and chose to shut down the system, I would understand why a restart was needed after turning on the machine. However, if you really chose to restart the system from the power menu, I have no clue why a true restart was not performed. Fast startup should affect only shutdown, not restart.