Just now, for about 2 minutes ESET Services was running at 100% CPU usage and damn near crashed my PC with how absolutely slow it began to run with the apps I had open at the time. 

What the heck was it and how I can get this app to NEVER do that again??? I've had this security program installed for YEARS and this is the first it's done this. I even tried stopping the process in Task Manager and it told me "Access Denied" even though the PC account is Administrator? 

11 hours ago, jon3s115 said:

Just now, for about 2 minutes ESET Services was running at 100% CPU

What occurred just prior to this activity? Was a Win OS or Office update running?

Not sure, no updates were being done or anything... in fact I was in a Discord call when suddenly the whole system went slow. Pulled up Task Manager and saw it was 100% CPU and was not able to be terminated despite my account being the sole account on my PC. 

• Administrators

You have logging enabled for the default (internal) firewall rule Block incoming SSDP (UPNP) requests for svchost.exe:

image.png

If you toggle display of the default rules, you will be able to disable logging. Afterwards delete "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\logs\epfwlog.dat"  in safe mode.