ESET High Disk usage von Startup

Hello,

since a few weeks i encour the problem that the disk use on startup is very high and slow downs my computer. 
After the disk usage is normal again it works without problems until the next restart
How can i locate the problem?

• Administrators

Startup scans are run with low priority so they should not take a noticeable amount of system resources. Moreover, they basically scan only files that in autostart locations and on your desktop. Couldn't it be that you have a lot of archives or executables in a folder on the desktop?

As Marcos said it could depend on the number of files you have. Also, if it's a HDD then some higher disk usage is expected. It has almost no impact on SSDs. 

• Administrators

We only load the modules and scan files that the operating system or other applications access on system startup.

Please generate a Procmon boot log. Stop logging about 2-3 minutes after the system starts when the issue was manifesting.

• Administrators

Please compress them first. If still too big to upload them here, upload them to a safe location (OneDrive, DropBox, etc.) and drop me a personal message with a download link.

• Administrators

Do you see a bigger difference if you add C:\ProgramData\Digieffects\Uninstallers\Digieffects-Damage-3.0.0.exe to performance exclusions and reboot the machine?

• Administrators

According to the Procmon log, excluding the above file (41 MB archive) could save about 10s.

Please provide another Procmon boot log created with the file excluded.

Just to make sure, does the problem cease manifesting if you temporarily disable the startup scan task run after module update?

image.png

• Administrators

Unfortunately the log didn't yield anything unusual or suspicious, all files were scanned quickly (dozens of miliseconds at most). Does any of the following make a difference?

1, Temporarily adding C:\Users\Florian\AppData\Roaming\* to performance exclusions.
2, Temporarily disabling archives and self-extracting archives in the Startup scan setup:

image.png