NOD32 Antivirus business use instead of eset protect endpoint antivirus (protect entry)

esetuser22222

Hello, 

due to budget causes:
eset protect entry
is too expensive and function are not really required.

All local 20-30x PCs 20-30 are located within one big office.
No Windows Server on-prem.
Central Managment not required.
Goal:  ESET should protect Outlook (it has hosted exchange account) and Windows
AFAIK a new key
for  NOD32 Antivirus is only a valid for 10 devices.

Is it against EULA to use ESET NOD32 in a company?
Do you think malware attachments will be detected at the endpoint?

Thx/BR

• Administrators

Please contact your local ESET distributor. The products for home users can be purchased for 5 or 10 devices at maximum to my best knowledge.

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please contact your local ESET distributor. The products for home users can be purchased for 5 or 10 devices at maximum to my best knowledge.

yes I noticed it in the online shop.

I assume it is not against rules to buy 3x 10 package ( = 3x different Key for 10 devices)

• Administrators

According to point 3c of the EULA:

Home/Business Edition. A Home Edition version of the Software shall be used exclusively in private and/or non-commercial environments for home and family use only. A Business Edition version of the Software must be obtained for use in a commercial environment as well as to use the Software on mail servers, mail relays, mail gateways, or Internet gateways.

That said, it would not be ok from the licensing point of view I assume.

9 hours ago, esetuser22222 said:

I assume it is not against rules to buy 3x 10 package ( = 3x different Key for 10 devices)

Also, refer to this recent comment from Eset N.A. in regards to use of Eset consumer products in commercial environments: https://forum.eset.com/topic/1169-future-changes-to-eset-nod32-antivirus/?do=findComment&comment=173136 .

It appears Eset considers a single consumer product license for 10 seats or less not a consumer EULA violation. However, subsequent consumer license purchases and product installation on the same commercial network would be a EULA violation. This is also why it is critical to contact your Eset distributor in Germany to fully clarify what is allowed in regards to this issue.