Address has been blocked

Rep

4 minutes ago, murko said:

Already checked, nothin there. Also scanned all drives for such files/folders, nothing except the mentioned before

My best guess at this point is it arrived as part of another app installer.

1 minute ago, itman said:

My best guess at this point is it arrived as part of another app installer.

Most probably. Btw, is there some kind of scan option in Eset Endpoint, which could find all files containing such malware, based on some kind of its fingerprint? (layman speaking)

Just now, murko said:

Btw, is there some kind of scan option in Eset Endpoint, which could find all files containing such malware, based on some kind of its fingerprint? (layman speaking)

LoL! I can only dream of such capability.

1 minute ago, itman said:

LoL! I can only dream of such capability.

Ha, maybe in future. It would be really handy to have such tool.

Referring to the command line string associate with conhost.exe, it looks like packed code to me. If that's the case, no code injection occurred to conhost.exe. When conhost.exe loaded, the packed code loaded into its memory space. Then the attacker unpacked it in memory and executed it.

3 minutes ago, itman said:

Referring to the command line string associate with conhost.exe, it looks like packed code to me. If that's the case, no code injection occurred to conhost.exe. When conhost.exe loaded, the packed code loaded into its memory space. Then the attacker unpacked it in memory and executed it.

In such case, would the firewall/ids rules be still effective?

1 hour ago, murko said:

In such case, would the firewall/ids rules be still effective?

Yes, because as far as Windows is concerned, it is conhost.exe doing the network communication.

Now infected conhost.exe could spawn a malicious child process that could perform network communication, but that's another discussion. However, since ver. 16.2 firewall includes child process option, you're covered.

Edited by itman

11 hours ago, itman said:

Yes, because as far as Windows is concerned, it is conhost.exe doing the network communication.

Now infected conhost.exe could spawn a malicious child process that could perform network communication, but that's another discussion. However, since ver. 16.2 firewall includes child process option, you're covered.

Thanks for clarification. About the ver. 16.2 - I am bit confused, as our ESET Endpoint Security shows latest  ver. 10.1.2050.0.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, murko said:

Thanks for clarification. About the ver. 16.2 - I am bit confused, as our ESET Endpoint Security shows latest  ver. 10.1.2050.0.

V16.2.15 is the latest version of consumer products whereas v10.1.2050 is the latest version of Endpoint.

3 hours ago, murko said:

Sorry about that. The same firewall rule child process option also now exists in EES 10.1.2050.0.