Windows Server 2019 Installtion not possible - Internal Error

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I can't install ESET Server Security on a Windows Server 2019 machine. I get an "internal error" message directly at the beginning of installation. Logs attached. Thank you. 

ELC_logs.zip

• Administrators

By the way, was the all-in-one installer that was failing to install created recently using the latest version of ESET Server Security or an older one? Did you include also the ESET Inspect connector in the package?

I have another problem now. Installation and activation is ok now, but the machine does not appear in the Eset protect cloud. Can I add the machine manually to the cloud?

The installer I used with no success was from the Eset Protect Cloud, see attachment. Fresh download from today. 

installer.jpg

• Administrators

Did you select ESET Server Security as the product to install?

image.png

The reason why you don't see the server in the console is that the management agent was not installed. The msi installed only ESET Server Security.

You can create an agent installer by keeping only "management agent" selected here:

image.png

Sorry, I can't find that. It looks different for me. But I have another solution now. The Management Agent was not installed. I was able to create a custom installer that only installs the Agent. This installation was successful. 

The machine now shows up in the Protect cloud. 

Thanks again for your help. 

eset.png