Eset Security Smart Installer Internal Error

Go to solution Solved by itman,

Good Afternoon, I'm having a hard time trying to get the Eset Smart Security Premium Live installer to begin installing. I downloaded a 8.6mb live installer from my account on the Website. Still each attempt to download a new installer results in the same fashion. I cannot get passed the "Checking for possible conflicting applications..." and then it stops with the "Internal error" in a red banner, with "An internal error occurred. Please try again to start the installation again." I have downloaded the Eset Log Collector and I have the zip attached to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a few more workstations to get this installed as well as a some android devices. I will check here after I complete the installs on those devices. Thank you for your time.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

ELC_logs.zip

Edited by JohnMcClane5150
Adding images and ELC_Logs

• Administrators

It appears that the Security Center service is not running. Are you able to start it manually?
According to the logs, there have been several crashes of the Security Center service:

Message, Date
Faulting application name: svchost.exe_wscsvc, version: 10.0.19041.1806, time stamp: 0x7dcad237
Faulting module name: wscsvc.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3155, time stamp: 0x0a392bab
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014640
Faulting process id: 0xfbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9ca0a8b955e66
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
Faulting module path: c:\windows\system32\wscsvc.dll
Report Id: 0049298f-c4d7-47e1-8500-e1e1e5e0fd1c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:, 08/08/2023 15:11:03

We'd recommend reinstalling the OS since WSC is crucial for proper functioning of 3rd party security software on Windows.

While it's possible to workaround the installation error, it's likely that Defender would not deactivate itself due to WSC issues and would cause performance issues when running together with ESET.

Last but not least, it appears that you did not use the latest installer from www.eset.com. The check that the installer was failing on was removed last year.

Thank you Marcos and Itman I'll check on the workstation again. It's possible that the prior tech disabled it. I'll see about running an update as well after I review the WSC on it. It's an older workstation that needs some TLC, I'll report my findings as soon as I can. Odd as the installer I used, was provided from the download link after signing into the account I'll look into that as well. Thank you two again! 

Again thank you Marcos and itman. I was able to resolve the issue. Seems the prior technician before I replaced him, for some odd reason decided to deactivate the WSC and Firewalls to install a VPN. Why I have no idea. Aside from the abundant mess that I still have here to do. I was able to resume the services for Windows Management Instrumentation Properties and Security Center Properties. I also performed a WMI repository repair following with a SFC scan and fix. Lets just say there were a lot of errors SFC had to fix. After a reboot, I performed a update while reviewing the WSCVC and Winmgmt operations. All services looked good. Had to perform some additional maintenance and after a completing the final updates and reboot I again attempted the install of ESET. Installation proceeded with no following issues. It just now completed and is performing an update. Thank you two again for all your help in this matter. Hope this helps anyone else that has similar issues.

Install completed.png