Module Update Failed

Servus Community,

i have built a new installer for Windows Server in ESET Protect GUI 10.1 and after installation i get an error that the module update failed because no connection could be established to the server. However, in the ESET Protect GUI the server is present, but is also displayed there with error.

Any suggestions how to get this work?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-08 um 09.54.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-08 um 09.54.45.png

Edited by pronto
miss

• pronto changed the title to Module Update Failed

After about an hour the problem seems to have resolved itself. The server now shows no errors and also in the ESET Protect console it is displayed without errors. No idea why this did not work the first few attempts to update the modules?

• Administrators

For some reason a connection to the update servers could not be established. We'd need to check a pcap log from a failing update attempt to determine what communication was failing and if some succeeded at all.

Servus Marcos,

Pcap Log with Wireshark? Taken from the server that can not be updated? Is it possible that there is a fallback to another update server after a certain time? For example direct download from ESET server instead of our on premise server? Or vice versa?

Bye

• Administrators

You can use either Wireshark or enable advanced network protection logging in ESET.

Whether there is a fallback to your server, I can't tell since I have no clue if a policy with custom update settings has been applied.  You can provide ELC logs besides the pcap log so that we know.

Okay, since it just failed again and then after a few more attempts seems to be successful, I took a look at the other servers and it's the same there. Pretty much every server logs several failed attempts throughout the day. I would even estimate that on average every second update attempt fails. I'll open a ticket now and attach the logcollector logfiles. Should I give you the ticket number?