End network isolation

Go to solution Solved by dadzior,

Hello everyone.

I applied Network Isolation on a machine, and now I can't end it.

The task to end network isolation is scheduled to execute ASAP, but since I don't have connection to the machine it won't run it. Also trying to disable network isolation from ESET Endpoint Antivirus on that machine doesn't work - when clicking unblock the Eset Elevated Client tries to run but does nothing. When executing network isolation the first time it said that it will block all network connections except those needed for ESET services (also at https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/81/en-US/ct_isolate_computer.html ). Is it a bug or you need to manually insert exceptions for network isolation, so that the ESET Protect server isn't also banned? Now how can I end network isolation on that machine and how should I configure it so it works correctly in the future

Thank you in advance

• Administrators

Network isolation doesn't block the communication between the agent and ESET PROTECT server therefore you should be able to end network isolation via a task sent from ESET PROTECT.

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Network isolation doesn't block the communication between the agent and ESET PROTECT server therefore you should be able to end network isolation via a task sent from ESET PROTECT.

Thank you for your response.

Can't ping the server from that client, can't see any open ports. Even when you open EEA on the client, the IP of the server is one of those that are listed as banned. The unblock button next to it sadly does nothing. We also tried to execute the stop managing task.

Is there a way to confirm that I do/don't have connection from the server to the agent? All I see is the machine being listed as one with network isolation, and an update task (default) and end isolation task set to execute ASAP. When I turn the machine on/off nothing changes, so I assume it's seen as offline? Now what steps should be taken to resolve it. Can the network isolation be turned off locally? Should I uninstall the agent? We've tried to uninstall EEA with avremover in safe mode, but it won't work.

• Solution

Hello again

After a day the device still wasn't connecting to the server. Finally managed to remove agent + eset, reinstalled it and it connects perfectly.

Will remember next time to use network isolation really only in case of emergency :)