Stop Managing Endpoint but keep Endpoint installed and Settings Same(Policy/etc)?

I have a few old legacy OS's that are creating(cluttering) warnings on my Eset Protect Server console. These are not able to be updated to remove the warning as the OS is not supported any more. While i can mute the warning in the PC list, there is no way to remove from the Dashboard. I would like to keep the existing endpoint installed with the current policy that is being sent from the Protect server but remove the managing aspect so it doesnt appear in the Dashboard/PC list any more. What is the proper way to do this? I realize that if i have any policy changes i will have to manually update on each endpoint

• Administrators

You could retrieve the configuration via ESET PROTECT, convert it to a policy and ask technical support to convert the policy to an xml configuration file.

My main ask would be how do i remove it from showing up in the eset protect console in the pc list (and prevent it from reconnecting to protect server automatically)...but leave endpoint AV installed and running on the client? Keeping policy the same on the endpoint once its not managed any more isnt a huge deal...it would be nice but not super critical....i wasnt sure if choose option 2 in the remove was the correct thing to do...it looks like running a stop management task or uninstalling agent would work for what i am trying to accomplish? Does uninstalling agent on windows require a restart? i think running the stop managemnt task may be best option?

Stop computer management
You need to suspend the connection between Endpoint and ESET PROTECT otherwise the removed computer will reconnect as a new one. 
  • Run Stop managing task or uninstall Agent or a security product locally on a computer.
  • Endpoint will not report a status of running tasks after management is stopped.

• Administrators

When removing a machine from ESET PROTECT, there is a wizard which, if followed, will permanently remove the selected client from the server:

image.png