file .miqe virus

un compañero mio se infecto de ese ransomware y nos dimos cuenta que era un virus ya que al insertar una memoria usb desde ese dispositivo a mi computadora el esetnod32 lo detecto y me protegio del ataque 
hay probabilidad de que el virus este mi sistema operativo todavia?

A colleague of mine was infected with this ransomware and we realized that it was a virus since when I inserted a USB memory from that device to my computer, esetnod32 detected it and protected me from the attack.
Is there a chance that the virus is still in my operating system?

Edited by beatlejuice1976

• Administrators

As long as ESET detected and blocked the threat you should be safe. However, in case of ransomware it could be that it was benign payment instructions that were detected. Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector to make sure that this was the case.

With a high probability, this was a STOP (DJVU) ransomware ransomware attack.

wayn, .gazp, .gaqq, .gayn, .miza, .mitu, .miqe, .kizu, .kitu, .kiqu, .wsaz, .wsuu, extensio appended to the end of the encrypted data filename.

If the files on your device did not change the extension to *.miqe, then the attack was successfully repulsed. Most likely, ESET reacted to the ransom note. 

Time;Scan Engine;Object Type;Object;Detection;Action;User;Info;Hash;First Detection Here 2023/07/26 15:08:15;Real-time file system protection;file;E:\files\_readme.txt;MSIL/Filecoder.ANG trojan;removed;**\safety;Event occurred in a file modified by an application : C:\Program Files (x86)\Total Commander\TOTALCMD64.EXE (05BF026F5834567EEF2711B0E9F980E36C9C8C13).;6FFE53DAFEA78BF7D01D23B2B5F75B226AB84797;12.06.2023 20: 09:37