AV-Test - Sep-Oct 2014 / Windows 8

SweX

• ESET Insiders

As always, excellent results for protection (5.5/6.0) and usability (5.5/6.0) and the same score as always for performance (3.5/6.0). AV-Test obviously didn't see the AV-C performance test :lol:

If I were a part of Eset, I'd be asking AV-Test how their performance testing results differs so greatly to AV-C findings.

Edit: I was at the library and had a look at one of the major PC magazines here in Oz (APC). They had an article on AV suites and are using the AV-Test scores for their recommendations:

post-1901-0-54734500-1416989465_thumb.jpg

I'd imagine the AV-Test reviews are syndicated to many other magazines & websites so I'd want them to explain the performance hit ESS apparently causes. For the record Bitdefender & KIS were their top picks...as mentioned in a prior post, KIS 2015 was akin to a 100 tonne boat anchor on my father's PC when I installed it.

Edited by TJP

Oh TJP....How unfortunate they didn't look at the AV-C results instead! :D

The Mags are basically letting "normal mag readers" know what the test results said. So it is totally accurate based on that. 

Regarding AV-Test and the performance results, they are what they are, even if I don't understand why they always show so negative like this, and never seem to get any higher no matter what Win OS they test on or ESET version that is tested.

As they say. It's doing my head in!

Edited by SweX

• ESET Insiders

I don't know what the problem is SweX. AV-Test says ESS is a reource hog whilst AV-C and most importantly, my own real world use, is ESS is the complete opposite to the AV-Test findings. Perhaps I have a supercomputer as my desktop :)

My issue is plonkers will read the APC article and think ESS is a resource hog and choose something else as a result.

Edited by TJP