I've been looking all over the internet to find a solution but i've found none... It just goes to quarantine without warning me.

I get a notification when my virus signature updated but that's it...

Please help me

• Administrators

When ESET detect's a threat, an alert is always displayed providing this feature is not disabled in the main setup and egui.exe is running.

The problem is that whenever something goes to quarantine, I don't get an alert about it, that annoys me a lot and my settings are on "standard cleaning".

But you should get an popup when a treat is detected and it should show under "action: deleted - copied to quarantine" or something similar.

Maybe try it with the eicar testfile and tell us (or make screenshots of) what you see.

Which version do you have installed? I have had the same problem in older version before they fixed it. The problem was that ESET showed warnings in new Windows 8 notifications, which I have disabled. Update to latest version solved my problem.

Yeah I remember that here's your thread: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2447-no-notification-or-alert-when-threat-is-detected/Asking

Unusual that no one have wanted to know this by asking which ESET version and Win OS till now....hmm that's usually the first thing to ask unless it's included in the OP.  ^_^

Edited by SweX

Another weird thing is that I have the same version installed on my laptop and I get the notification there.

Which version do you have installed? And which OS do you use?

Edited by hqsec

@rugk The problem is that no notification/popup bubble show up, for example in the bottom right corner.

@manodepo

Please say which ESET version and Win version that you are using.

Try all 5 tests here to see how the product react to each one of them: hxxp://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check.html

@SweX

Yes I know. That's why he should test it with the eicar file.

But this said he about his tests:

I've been using a false positive to test it and it goes to quarantine without notifying me about it.

So he should submit this false-positive if it's really such a one.

With the rest I agree to a you.

What OS/ESET version do you have? And please do the tests SweX linked to and tell us the result.

Edited by rugk

• Administrators

I'd start off with uninstalling ESS using the uninstall tool in safe mode and install the latest version from scratch (e.g. the position of pop-up windows may be set outside the screen so this would reset the values).

I'd start off with uninstalling ESS using the uninstall tool in safe mode and install the latest version from scratch (e.g. the position of pop-up windows may be set outside the screen so this would reset the values).

Yeah that is probably the easiest solution to start with.

uninstall tool = hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1416173833759

So let's say the values has been changed and it resulted in this, but what could have changed them, and why ? 

I mean they don't change on their own just like that.

Edited by SweX

(e.g. the position of pop-up windows may be set outside the screen so this would reset the values).

If this would be causing the issue maybe you could also reset the positions of the windows with this option in the context menu of the tray icon:

post-3952-0-33025700-1416234013_thumb.png

However if this doesn't help please do the uninstallation in safe mode (like already suggested) and reinstall the software.

And please tell us what operation system and what ESET product you use.