Disable firewall between machines on LAN. Enable only for internet

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my LAN machines to distribute simulations in houdini. It's recommended that you disable any firewall between the machines on the network, but obviously keep it in place for any communication to the internet. Is there a way to do this in Eset? I've looked at Trusted Zones and editted that to have a list of IP addresses of all the other machines that are on the network, but this doesn't seem to be working.

Jon

• Administrators

In the trusted zone basically all communication is allowed. What communication is blocked? Are you able to unblock it via the Firewall troubleshooting wizard?

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Hi Sorry, for the late reply. And thankyou for your message. I will take another look at this this evening and report back.

Jon

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, JBB said:

Hi Sorry, for the late reply. And thankyou for your message. I will take another look at this this evening and report back.

Jon

It is not that much recommended , still on LAN ESET blocks some attempts from other devices on LAN

but it's not safe since , if another device got infected somehow inside your LAN , it can pass to other computers easily since firewall isn't filtering or working on LAN