Sorting the firewall rules and/or a task-centric view of the rules?

OK, coming from Output Firewall, I'd finding the firewall rules editor difficult to use:

• Is there a way to sort the rules by a particular column or to reorder columns?
  • Is there a task-centric view for the rules, so the rules for a particular process are gathered together and presented together, separately from the rules for other tasks? 

For rules with no associated process, it makes since to just put them in a global list, but for ones associated with a process, showing the rules process-by-process rather than just dumped all together in a long list would make working with the rules much easier.

I thought I'd ask about these before submitting feedback because I'm a new user and perhaps I've missed some way of accomplishing what I'm asking.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, MrZork said:
  • Is there a way to sort the rules by a particular column or to reorder columns?

No. The order of rules defines their priority; the higher in the list, the higher priority the rule has.

3 minutes ago, MrZork said:
  • Is there a task-centric view for the rules, so the rules for a particular process are gathered together and presented together, separately from the rules for other tasks? 

No. However, there will be a major overhaul of the rule editor later this year. We will appreciate your feedback then. There is a Future changes... topic in each product forum where you can post your feedback, ideas for improvements, etc. which we monitor and consider good ideas for implementation in the product.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

No. The order of rules defines their priority; the higher in the list, the higher priority the rule has.

Yes, I'm aware of the how the rules are applied in order, but it would still be useful to be able to sort a column, such as the application, so that all rules for that application are sorted together.  In this case, the original order could be applied as a secondary sort (so when the value in the sorted column is the same for more than one record).

Thie would allow the rules to be grouped by various properties.

As a safety mechanism, a red bubble could appear when the rules are sorted like that explaining that they have been sorted and so the execution ordering is different than the drawn ordering.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

No. However, there will be a major overhaul of the rule editor later this year. We will appreciate your feedback then. There is a Future changes... topic in each product forum where you can post your feedback, ideas for improvements, etc. which we monitor and consider good ideas for implementation in the product.

OK, I will make a post to that other thread.