Compatibility with MacOs Ventura

Jose Duque
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I would like to know if ESET Endpoint Antivirus is compatible with the new MacOs upgrade (MacOs Ventura).  If a laptop that has the agent installed and upgrades to MacOs Ventura, is it still going to work fine? Is there any know issues/incompatibility?

Thanks,

• Administrators
  • Solution

Yes, the latest installers are compatible with macOS Ventura. However, you will probably need to remove ESET applications and Installer from the Full disk access list and let them to be added automatically followed by a reboot as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb8339. On slower machines you may need to click slower if the above doesn't seem to work.

The issue was already reported to Apple and we're waiting for a response.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Yes, the latest installers are compatible with macOS Ventura. However, you will probably need to remove ESET applications and Installer from the Full disk access list and let them to be added automatically followed by a reboot as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb8339. On slower machines you may need to click slower if the above doesn't seem to work.

The issue was already reported to Apple and we're waiting for a response.

I have a user who has the latest version of Protect agent and EES installed, they upgraded to Ventura. I followed the steps in the guide but it doesn't help, I uninstalled and reinstalled but I have the same issue.

Installer is not listed in full disk access, ESET Device Control is. I have tried removing that too but still it doesn't work. Any other ideas or is it just not working at the moment? Thanks

Oddly enough, the client had to go out so left the system idle, when they returned a few hours later the status says protected. I am not sure why it took time to get to that stage after following the guide, we had already tried restarting which had no effect.