ESET Endpoint products for Windows version 9.1.2060 have been released?

SteveP
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I noticed this morning that ESET Endpoint Security for Windows 9.1.2060.0 was available on ESET Protect. I tested the installation on three PC's and each one shows two errors,

Antispam protection is non-functional

Email protection by client plugins in non-functional

All three PC's have Outlook 2019 connected to O365. Version 9.1.2057.0 did not exhibit these errors.

Regards,

Steve

• Administrators

If the issue persists after a computer restart, please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

we have installed version 2060 15 mins ago.  eset immediately reported a critical error that the outlook integration plugin is not enabled (due to the unfortunate version of 2051 we had this functionality disabled for 3 months), after enabling the outlook integration the problem stopped.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

If the issue persists after a computer restart, please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

The archive is too big to upload here at 291 MB. Where do you want me to upload it to?

Same problem as OP, Win10, Outlook 2013.

"Email Protection by client plugins is non-functional"

Have rolled out 9.1.2060 to a few test PCs. Some have the Alert error, some don't.

This is after the PCs were upgraded over the last few months from 8.0.x to 8.1.x to 9.0.x to 9.1.2057

ONLY upgrading to  9.1.2060 introduced the Alert. Clicking Enable plugins does make the Alert go away.

How can this be done easily through Protect console?   Sending a Task?

eset error.JPG

I see this version is already available as a auto/micro-update. We are still in the process of upgrading 8.x to 9.0.2046, just so that we can finally have the same version installed on all endpoints. 9.1.2060 is not even a day old and it is already being pushed out everywhere. @Marcos where is this documented? Nothing is mentioned here about this. This entire process is so frustrating.

@MarcosOn the Protection Status page it shows the two errors with links that should be clickable to turn on the features. The problem with these is that neither of them can be clicked. I also noticed on the Setup page under Web and email section that Email client protection is green and Antispam protection is red. Clicking the switch on Antispam brings up a requester to Disable permanently or cancel. Why not just turn it on? This version seem very buggy.

Another point that I don't understand, if I have Email protection turned off in ESET Protect via policy why am I seeing these errors on the client at all?

Edited by SteveP

@OlafBYou can use polices in ESET Protect to turn on or off features client software. I have policy called Workstation Policy that is for ESET Endpoint for Windows products. It has to be assigned to PC's for it to work, normally I all assign it to all. I also have a test version of the policy that I can assign to test PC's so as to see the affect of settings before changing them in the Workstation Policy. In these particular case I turned on the "Integrate into Microsoft Outlook" setting which has been turned off for quite some time. 9.1.2057 and before did not get these alerts only 9.1.2060 shows it. Turning the integration on caused the alert to go awasy.

Edited by SteveP

• Administrators

Clicking either link invokes an UAC prompt, it worked for me alright:

image.png

image.png

Maybe a problem with UAC on the machine? Does clicking a different link in the protection status window (e.g. to resume real-time protection after pausing it) work?

Are you able to re-enable integration in the advanced setup which should make the warning go away?

image.png

• Administrators
2 hours ago, st3fan said:

9.1.2060 is not even a day old and it is already being pushed out everywhere.

This is not true, v9.1.2060 is not being pushed at all at the moment. We will start distributing it gradually as an automatic program update on October 18 with full release to start on Nov 1 if everything goes well. Currently it can be installed:
1, by sending a software install task
2, by manually running update on clients

You can control which highest version can be installed via an auto-update policy to prevent updates to v9.1.2060 or newer until you allow it:

image.png

15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is not true, v9.1.2060 is not being pushed at all at the moment. We will start distributing it gradually as an automatic program update on October 18 with full release to start on Nov 1 if everything goes well. Currently it can be installed:
1, by sending a software install task
2, by manually running update on clients

You can control which highest version can be installed via an auto-update policy to prevent updates to v9.1.2060 or newer until you allow it:

image.png

We have numerous endpoints that are on 8.1.x. Some updated to 9.1.2060.0 today, before I could disable the auto-update setting. On a test PC I did a "Check for updates" and saw the below message in the event log.

"An update to version 9.1.2060.0 is prepared and will be applied after computer restart."

This only started today. For the last few weeks a "check for updates" updated them to 9.0.2046.0. This only happens on 8.1.x endpoints. Endpoints that are already on 9.x are not affected.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, st3fan said:

For the last few weeks a "check for updates" updated them to 9.0.2046.0. This only happens on 8.1.x endpoints. Endpoints that are already on 9.x are not affected.

V9.1.2060 was released yesterday. Manually checking for update the day before yesterday would not have upgraded Endpoint to v9.1.2060.

Having auto-update enabled will not upgrade Endpoint to the latest version now unless you manually check for update. We will start gradually distributing auto-update in a couple of days with full release since Nov 1.

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

V9.1.2060 was released yesterday. Manually checking for update the day before yesterday would not have upgraded Endpoint to v9.1.2060.

exactly, that's what I am trying to say. up until yesterday or the day before yesterday, a manual check for updates prepared 9.0.2046.0 (that is with the auto-updates setting enabled). Now we get 9.1.2060.0 all of the sudden, which surprised us. Is this expected behaviour?

Edited by st3fan

• Administrators
1 minute ago, st3fan said:

Now we get 9.1.2060.0 all of the sudden, which surprised us. Is this expected behaviour?

If you manually check for new update, then Endpoint will download v9.1.2060 and update to it after the next restart. Currently it won't update automatically.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

If you manually check for new update, then Endpoint will download v9.1.2060 and update to it after the next restart. Currently it won't update automatically.

Thank you for clarifying.

I don't understand this process to be honest. I don't understand why we are now getting 9.1.2060.0 (a brand new release). Up until recently, 9.0.2046.0 was offered for 8.1 endpoints, and I assumed this was because ESET deemed this version (9.0.2046.0) to be stable. There were more recent versions available (e.g. 9.1.2057) but none of these versions were offered via "check for updates" - only 9.0.2046.0 was offered.

Our local Support advised to either wait for the scheduled daily module update to take place, which should then prepare 9.0.2046.0, or to manually "check for updates". This is exactly what we have done over the last few weeks in order to update our 8.1 endpoints. I would be surprised if my colleagues ran a manual "check for updates" on the endpoints that received 9.1.2060.0 today - but I will check.

All we are trying to achieve is to get all endpoints to one consistent version (9.0.2046.0), preferably via auto-updates, so that we can avoid an immediate reboot. But this seems to be getting more and more challenging.

• Administrators

As far as I remember, v9.1.2046 was the previous one offered as an automatic update. V9.1.2057 wasn't, it was available only as an installer since we had to address certain Outlook issues before release an automatic update.

I don't understand why we are now getting 9.1.2060.0

You should be getting it only when manually checking for update or when creating a software install task and selecting the desired product and version from the repository. I assume your Endpoints are not getting automatically updated to v9.1.2060 yet, are they?

@st3fan i think you have install task with chooseen position "Install the latest version", so even if you think to install version  9.1.2057.0 or later, now it will be install latest version  9.1.2060.0.

image.thumb.png.dec48bebdab780de418e35d4c0e47aee.png

On 10/14/2022 at 4:50 PM, Marcos said:

As far as I remember, v9.1.2046 was the previous one offered as an automatic update. V9.1.2057 wasn't, it was available only as an installer since we had to address certain Outlook issues before release an automatic update.

You should be getting it only when manually checking for update or when creating a software install task and selecting the desired product and version from the repository. I assume your Endpoints are not getting automatically updated to v9.1.2060 yet, are they?

I can now confirm that our endpoints did not automatically update to 9.1.2060.0. My colleagues ran a manual "check for updates" on all endpoints that received this update, thinking that this would still prepare version 9.0.2046.0. As we have learned, this has changed very recently and 9.1.2060.0 is now offered instead of 9.0.2046.0.

Hello, I have upgraded to 9.1.2060 from 9.1.2057. In 50% of cases, the client needed to reboot twice. After the first reboot, Eset asked to reboot again.

EDIT: No need to restart email protection.

Fabio

Edited by eclipse79

6 hours ago, eclipse79 said:

Hello, I have upgraded to 9.1.2060 from 9.1.2057. In 50% of cases, the client needed to reboot twice. After the first reboot, Eset asked to reboot again.

EDIT: No need to restart email protection.

Fabio

It might be that in your organization in domain configuration is turned on Fast Boot for Windows workstations. At Fast Boot OS cant to finist all processes and thats why you need make reboot more and mora times.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, Marcos said:

Having auto-update enabled will not upgrade Endpoint to the latest version now unless you manually check for update. We will start gradually distributing auto-update in a couple of days with full release since Nov 1.

@Marcos Hi, could you please say if Endpoint v9.1.2060 distributing for auto-update?

On 10/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, Marcos said:

Do you want to keep the Outlook plugin and antispam disabled even after upgrade to v9.1.2060?

We are seeing the same issue in EPC since the update to 9.1.2060. We have disabled this setting in a policy recommended by ESET NL for better stability in Outlook. Looks like a new email plugin has been released, should we turn this setting back on? What are your recommendations?