Eset Mobile Security as a threat on Huawei Optimizer for Android

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Dear All,

Today the Huawei Optimizer app for Android detected the Eset Mobile Security as a threat with the following message: "apk:RepMalware [TRJ]||arep"

The phones Android version is 10 and the Build number is: 10.00290 (C432E12R1P1)

This is a false positive of the Huawei Optimizer app or a serious threat?

Best regards,

Lóránd

• Administrators
  • Solution

Obviously a false positive of Huawei provided that it's a genuine ESET Mobile Security from Google Play.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, K Evans said:

I have the same issue. How do I stop my Huawei p20 from issuing these false alerts, please?

You shouldn't need to do anything. Definitions for the 3rd party app that reported a false positive on ESET were updated by the maker of the app and the false positive was fixed.

how to fix it ?

On 7/6/2022 at 10:22 PM, Marcos said:

You shouldn't need to do anything. Definitions for the 3rd party app that reported a false positive on ESET were updated by the maker of the app and the false positive was fixed.

it is not fix on my phone p30 pro 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:22 PM, Marcos said:

• Administrators
1 hour ago, francois jolicoeur said:

how to fix it ?

Avast released an update that fixed the false positive. Should the problem persist, please contact them for assistance.