Time Syncronization Not Working?

My computer time is not updating on startup (2 ESS computers, for quite some time)?-

It is 10sec slower than the clock that shows with Adjust date/time.

When I try to do it manually it fails?

post-4132-0-69732600-1411233386_thumb.jpg

I Googled, and they say that because Port 123 is closed by my 3d party firewall it won't let it update.

I don't like the security risk of unblocking this port!

Is there some way to get the firewall to allow the time update service...?

Try to switch your firewall mode to learning mode, update the time manually and then switch it back to the mode you had before.

So the firewall should learn to allow this connection.

Additionally you should now that Windows 7 synchronizes the time only once a week. But with a small "registry trick" you can change this interval.

Edited by rugk

Try to switch your firewall mode to learning mode, update the time manually and then switch it back to the mode you had before.

So the firewall should learn to allow this connection.

Additionally you should now that Windows 7 synchronizes the time only once a week. But with a small "registry trick" you can change this interval.

rugk Thank you!- Switching to learning mode/ manually updating, caused a rule to be created, and internet time is now in sync with taskbar time.

I will see if problem is solved over the week, before I try to change the interval?

Could you please provide us with more details as to what rule was created to allow the communication?

As I recall it was  NPS  something...

If you'd tell me where to look, I'll get the exact rule name?

Could you please provide us with more details as to what rule was created to allow the communication?

As I recall it was  NPS  something...

If you'd tell me where to look, I'll get the exact rule name?

There:

post-3952-0-12597900-1411653236_thumb.png

And BTW normally there is a predefined rule for this:

post-3952-0-81033600-1411653331_thumb.png

Edited by rugk

:D

No sorry this is exactly the same screenshot as I posted before.

The rule you selected there is a predefined rule that cannot be created by any firewall mode.

The rule you selected there is a predefined rule that cannot be created by any firewall mode.

Well Time Sync wasn't working Before manual updating in Learning mode (rule was created), and is now.

Is there something else you want?

Edited by scottls59901

Well Time Sync wasn't working Before manual updating in Learning mode (rule was created), and is now.

Is there something else you want?

Yes its good that it works now. But that is a pre-defined rule so it has been there all along since you first installed the program, every user of the program has that rule by default, its part of the package "built in" if you will, meaning it was there even before you turned on Learning Mode. 

Learning mode may have created loads of other rules though, but not this one.

Shame on me, I was 99% we had a pre-defined rule for this at the moment you started the thread but I didn't bother to look it up.  ^_^

Edited by SweX