How to optimize spam and phishing detections on ECOS

A few days ago we managed to get one of our clients to change their protection product to ESET's. But we haven't been able to effectively detect spam and phishing in your emails. Is there any recommendation or good practice that you can recommend us?

The client tells us that with his previous product the user had at his disposal a button to report phishing or spam, something that is very useful for users. I don't think ECOS has this option, but how can I get it to better detect phishing and spam?

• ESET Staff

Hi Mauricio, you could try two things:

There is an option to report spam/malware/phishing in ECOS - it´s under HELP and Submit Sample where you would upload the email and it is sent off for review, so if the email turns out to be SPAM or phishing, it is centrally logged for all future occurrences.

image.png

The second option is that if you are also using ESET Endpoint Security on your devices, you can install one of the email client plugins which gives you the option to report SPAM straight from the client, which what I assume you had before. https://help.eset.com/ees/7/en-US/idh_outlook_toolbar.html?idh_config_mailplugins.html

image.png