ESET Agent fails to install - Ubuntu 22.04 | not valid PFX

Hi everyone
Don't have a lot of info to go on. 
the standard installation script I can create through ESET PROTECT fails on Ubuntu 22.04 due to 
Not_valid_PFT (Peer certificatation failed) error. 

I thought this might be a bad installer - I went ahead and created a new one. 
it didn't work. simply failed. 
Installed Ubuntu 20.04 - the script worked smoothly without any issue.

Any ideas why Ubuntu 22.04 fails? 
Thanks

• Administrators

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is not supported yet. The latest supported version is currently 20.04 LTS.

22.04 came out on April. With beta versions available ahead of release. 
Im sure ESET. Is preparing its products well ahead of official release for windows and Mac. Why can’t it happen to Linux as well? At the very least to ubunutu which is a major player in the Linux distributions world

• 2 weeks later...

installing the agent is possible - with the following workaround!

download from ubuntu 20.04 the following files:

libssl1.1_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.13_amd64.deb
openssl_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.13_amd64.deb

and install them with

dpkg -i libssl1.1_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.13_amd64.deb openssl_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.13_amd64.deb

after a successful install you can download and install the agent on ubuntu 22.04!

it is a pity that eset takes so much time here, the ubuntu 22.04 version is "only" final since april 2022 but they could have started with the development a little earlier. beta versions have been available for much longer and the change to openssl 3 has been announced for much longer! openssl has already released version 3 in september 2021.

unfortunately, eset is neglecting its linux customers more and more, after gateway and mail security have been cancelled without replacement and without comment...

Any ideas how we can get these packages available directly on 22.04 without needing to try and download them on ubuntu 20.04? 
I want to try and at the ver least have some scripted option that can automate that. 

Thanks for the workaround! appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas how we can get these packages available directly on 22.04 without needing to try and download them on ubuntu 20.04? 

You can download the files directly from the Ubuntu-Repositories:

hxxp://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl1.1_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.13_amd64.deb
hxxp://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/openssl_1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.13_amd64.deb

Edited by Rincewind

26 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks, helpful! I really would've hoped ESET could implement such trivial things into their script, would've made it so much easier