Eset Banking and Payment Protection Problem

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I confirm the problem on all browsers and computers on which Windows 10 has been updated today.
I use wines 10 pro (19044.1645), checked on chrome 100.0.4896.88 and the latest edge and firefox. Eset BPP 1267 with stable updates, but I also checked after switching to initial eset updates and the same problem also occurs. That is, when you try to start the browser, it either pops up 0xc0000022 or the browser simply does not start when the option secure all browsers is enabled in eset. (only necessary extensions), with this option disabled, normal browsers can be enabled normally, but eset BPP will not start. Sometimes, after trying to run eset BPP, the normal browser stops working. So now, after updating Windows, it is impossible to use Eset BPP.

Same problem here - Windows 11 (kb5012592) and Firefox 99.0.1. Firefox does not start and shows 0xc0000022. Fresh install of Eset or Firefox did not change this behavior. BPP is useless

I updated my windows 11 software today to latest update.  Immediately, any browser I used...Chrome or Edge...gave me an error message 0xc0000022 when I tried to use the banking and payment protection.  Have to disable banking and payment protection in order to access any of my banking or payment sites.  Help please...do not like being unprotected!

• Administrators

We are currently looking into the issue. It appears the reason is a malicious patched signed Microsoft dll (doesn't mean you have it and that your machine is infected).

To investigate it further, please carry on as follows and provide logs:
1, With all browsers closed, enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
2, Launch a browser and reproduce the issue.
3, Stop logging.
4, Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated logs here (only ESET staff will be able to access the attachment).

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

The issue has been fixed by whitelisting a specific file in LiveGrid. Could you confirm that the issue has been resolved?

Would it be possible to know which specific file you have to whitelist? TIA

Is there a update that will allow the payment and banking protection to be compatible with edge and chrome. Disabled the protection and now both edge and chrome works.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Xvenom82 said:

Is there a update that will allow the payment and banking protection to be compatible with edge and chrome. Disabled the protection and now both edge and chrome works.

I've just tested BPP with the very latest versions of Chrome, Edge and Firefox and Banking and payment protection worked alright. What is the issue?

Please carry on as follows:

1. With browsers closed, enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Launch a browser and reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments).