Webcam and device control can't be enabled after 15.1.12.0 update

Updated to 15.1.12.0 and webcam and device control will no longer work. Just get a non-functional message and to reboot my PC. Is there a fix?

• Administrators

Does the problem persist after a reboot? Does rebooting the machine by running "shutdown -r -t 0" make a difference?

Hi,

I have had the same issue. It appeared in two previous Major release versions when 13 and 14 came along. Now in 15.

All on Windows 10 (Pro) with the latest updated version at the time, Previous fix was a patched version of Edevmon file( probably the driver ).

Logs have been sent.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Clark_10 said:

I have had the same issue. It appeared in two previous Major release versions when 13 and 14 came along. Now in 15.

Does the problem persist after a reboot? Does rebooting the machine by running "shutdown -r -t 0" make a difference?

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Thanks, I had sent you a personal message this time too, like last time it was related to major Version 14 upgrade.

Few days ago when Eset updated ,  the proper reboots  or uninstall/reinstall etc doesnt work so I raised ticket but its a bit of pain if this is going to happen frequently.

Edited by Clark_10

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.  Device Control and Web camera control are both "Non-functional" orange bars.  My only option is to "Permanently disable" them.  Please let me know what the appropriate fix is.  My version is 15.1.2.0

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Delphidex said:

I have the same problem.  Device Control and Web camera control are both "Non-functional" orange bars.  My only option is to "Permanently disable" them.  Please let me know what the appropriate fix is.  My version is 15.1.2.0

If the problem persists after a computer restart, please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector. Open a support ticket and provide the generated logs.