Used a free trial of NOD32 antivirus for the past month but purchased a license key for Internet Security and upgraded my installation. Is that the correct way of doing so?

For the past month, I've been trialing ESET NOD32 antivirus after switching over from my previous antivirus solution. Since my free trial was about to expire I purchased a license key for Internet Security and activated it on the ESET software, which automatically updated it to Internet Security including its exclusive suite of features (Firewall, Anti-Theft system, etc.)

However, I saw some previous forum posts from about a year ago noting that NOD32 and Internet Security are different pieces of software, so the former should be uninstalled first. Yet I also see a change product function on the software that indicates that a user can easily switch between active licenses for the different products at the press of a button.

I've not had any major issues with the software apart from having to restart my computer a few times to get the Firewall feature to function (which it does).

I just wanted to make sure I did things correctly!

• Administrators

The "Change product" feature is there to seamlessly change the product without the need to uninstall and reinstall the software. So you did it correctly.