Ess Strange Behavior

Hi

I have windows 8.1

before I install Eset smart security 7.0.317.4 than i see under This computer - Multimedia devices  + Computers + Net infrastructures

after installation ESET smart security 7.0.317.4 i see only Computers

My question is what should I do or how should I make visible Multimedia and net infrastructures ?

I am using Interactive firewall and after installation ESS i clicked Allow to all opened window (but still I cant see Multimedia devices and Net infrastructures ... WHY? )

thank you for answering

• Administrators

Try removing all custom rules with action set to block and then switching firewall to learning mode for a while until all necessary rules are created automatically.

Hi

i have all my custom rules setted to allow

problem is that some rules are setted to deny when i install ESS with interactive firewall (I assume that those rules was set by ESET ... for sure not by me) and cannot be changed 

just check my screen hxxp://i61.tinypic.com/fx78qx.jpg (sorry for czech language)

fx78qx.jpg

Edited by robis

• Administrators

Click "Toggle detailed view of all rules" (English version), the hyperlink in the upper part of the window, to switch to a view where you can enable/disable default rules.

Hi

thank you

under Toggle detailed view of all rules it is possible to uncheck this rules ... thank you 

BTW why are those rules active from start? Any security risks?