Definition Updates Not Being Pushed

Current Definition update at https://www.virusradar.com/en/update/info: 24910

Current Definition installed on three systems: 24908 (as of 06:55 Eastern time, USA)

When clicking check for updates, the update check completes successfully and there are no errors in the log.

Given I am seeing this behavior on three different systems, have not noted any other internet connectivity issues, and the manual 'check for updates' process completes successfully - this seems to be server side.

I am using the latest version of ESET AV > 15.0.23.0

Please advise. Thank you!

Edited by howardagoldberg

• Administrators

No problem here:

image.png

Please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- run update
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

Please check if clearing update cache in the advanced update setup resolves the issue.

20 minutes ago, Marcos said:

No problem here:

image.png

Please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- run update
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

Please check if clearing update cache in the advanced update setup resolves the issue.

Marcos,

As this is happening on *three* different systems, with exactly the same symptoms, this is not user-side. It's server-side.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Will wait for ESET Log Collector logs. Checked on 3 different systems, all have engine 24910 installed.

@Marcos ... sometime since sharing my logs, ESET updated on all three of my systems to engine 24911. I only cleared the cache (and ran diagnostics) on one system.

Also a note ... in the screenshot you shared with me of your system, the engine version was 24910P, which I assume means that you are on the pre-release server. If so, then the fact that it was 'working' for you is not actually a fair test as to whether it is/was working for other users ...

... this was almost certainly a server-side issue. This has happened at least 2 times before (not often and not recently ... I've been using ESET for well over a decade), where the servers that handle my region stopped pushing updates for 12-16 hours.

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me to diagnose further.

Edited by howardagoldberg

• Administrators

I was informed that there was a connectivity problem with US servers earlier today. Now update files are already synced with EU servers.