ESET Server Security v8.1

obee

Hello, i have a questions about ESET Server Security v8.1 for linux

is it possible to install ESET Server Security v8.1 for linux that is not connected to the internet?

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hi obee,

yes, it is possible to install it on a machine without internet access, but you need to ensure, that all dependencies are already installed there. 

Dependencies could be checked by dumping deb/rmp packages from bin installer and then get info from packages. For example on Debian like this:

# dump packages
user@machine:~$$ ./efs.x86_64.bin -n -y

Extracting:
efs-8.1.813.0.x86_64.rpm
efs-8.1.813.0.x86_64.deb

# get package info and grep dependencies
user@machine:~$ dpkg -I efs-8.1.813.0.x86_64.deb | grep Depends
Depends: gcc, make, perl, openssl, linux-headers-generic|linux-headers-amd64, linux-headers-generic-hwe-20.04|linux-headers-generic-hwe-18.04|linux-headers-generic-hwe-16.04|linux-headers-amd64, libelf-dev|libelf-devel|elfutils-libelf-devel, libudev1, cron|cronie|systemd-cron, libsqlite3-0

Regards,

Peter 

hi @kurco

thanks for the information,

but is it possible install eset sever security on linux that not updated os? or os must be updated before installing eset server security?

I tried install on ubuntu server 20.04 fresh install without updating os (apt update && apt upgrade), dependencies are already installed and its fail

Kindly regards,

• ESET Staff

Hi,

yes it should be possible, OS doesn't need to be updated, but it needs to have all necessary packages there. Could you please share errors, that has occurred during install fail? 

Regards,

Peter 

• ESET Staff

Hi,

according to screenshot, it looks like your machine still tries to install some dependencies, are you sure that every needed dependency is already there? 

Could you please give me output of command below? I see that it wants to install linux-headers, so output should show us if correct package is installed. 

dpkg --list | grep linux-headers*

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...