Procees exclusion - Wildcard

Dear All, 

I'm trying to add a Process exclusion with a Wildcard on the path. Unfortunately the path checker seems not allow that.

The current path is C:\Program Files\Application\21.12.10943.6\Bin\x64\process.exe and I want to replace the version number by a *. Like: C:\Program Files\Application\*\Bin\x64\process.exe. That because we don’t want to redo the policy every time the contractor update software version

There is a way to override that ? I really need to put the full path to the EXE file or can just give “Process.exe” in that particular case ? I’ve try to find my answer into the ESET KB but I didn’t relay find a “Path fromat” for that section.

Thank you in advance,

Regards

• Administrators

Process exclusions do not support wildcards mainly for security reasons. Generally process exclusions can be dangerous and should be used with utter care when there is no other workaround to solve a particular performance issue.

Is the purpose of the process you want to exclude to back up files?

40 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Is the purpose of the process you want to exclude to back up files?

Hi, 

No, it's a requirement from the contractor who install M-Files GED Systems. I found the same exclusion recommendation from M-Files Web site https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/2018/eng/m-files_and_virus_scanning.html