What license options I need to scan/protection on MS Exchange Server database

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Hi, help on what license option I need to purchase and install on our MS Exchange Server?  My purpose is to have ESET protection on our Exchange  Server to scan the mailbox databases. I currently have ESET Protect and was able to deploy ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server but I need to activate it to keep it up to date and  requires me to add license. I was reading minimum is 5 seats/mailbox to purchase? or all I need is one license to activate the ESET mail security for MS Exchange server? Thanks!

To add on my question, we have 1 MS Exchange Server and need to protect, scan 6 mailbox databases. What ESET Mail Security for MS Exchange Server option do we need to protect from spam, phishing, ransomware, mail security? 

• ESET Staff

Hello @mars_ots

Ideally you should purchase "ESET PROTECT Mail Plus", for 6 units. Alternatively, if you have "on premises management" and you does not want to utilize "ESET Dynamic Threat Defense" extension of Mail Security, you can order standard "ESET Mail Security License" for 6 units. 

Mail Plus: https://www.eset.com/us/business/mail-plus-protection-bundle/ 

10 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Hello @mars_ots

Ideally you should purchase "ESET PROTECT Mail Plus", for 6 units. Alternatively, if you have "on premises management" and you does not want to utilize "ESET Dynamic Threat Defense" extension of Mail Security, you can order standard "ESET Mail Security License" for 6 units. 

Mail Plus: https://www.eset.com/us/business/mail-plus-protection-bundle/ 

I think we need the standard ESET Mail Security License since we do on premises management. by 6 units you mean 6 mailbox databases? Minimum to purchase is 5 seats? Right now I have deployed/installed  ESET Mail Security to our Exchange Server via Protect console but it needs to activate.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:49 PM, rekun said:

Hi

You need a license for every mailbox.

you can find more information here

https://support.eset.com/en/kb3761-how-does-eset-mail-security-6-for-microsoft-exchange-server-count-mailboxes

Ok thanks. I have 5 mailbox databases in my Exchange server I can just get the standard ESET mail security license which I believed when you purchase is minimum of 5 seats.

• ESET Insiders

You can just get the standard but it doesn’t matter how many databases you have, it is the number of mailboxes

• 1 month later...

@rekun got it.  Our organization has a lot of users' mailboxes (ex 2000). So if there will be a new users/mailbox to create and I already have license for the 2000 mailboxes, how to I add additional license for the additional users in the future? Do I need to purchase new license for the new additional users/mailboxes? Or agreement with my local licensing vendor?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

You can just "enlarge" the license - increase the quantity on it.  The reason why I have recommended the "mail plus" is that it includes the Dynamic threat defense (advance threat defense system, that includes cloud sandboxing option). It allows cloud management, but is as well eligible for on premises management. Price vice, it is the best option. In case you want just the pure Mail Security, then as said, the standalone Mail Security license, for the number of mailboxes you have is the way to go.  You should be able to increase the quantity anytime.