Scanner stopped working

Guest Judith G

My Canon wireless printer and scanner worked until recently. The printer still works but the scanner has stopped working. A ScanGear notice comes up

‘Cannot communicate with scanner. Possible reasons:

·         Scanner is turned off

·         (If using wired LAN connection) it is disconnected form wired LAN

·         (If using Wi-Fi connection) signal strength is poor due to obstructions

·         Network connection is prohibited by security software

·         Different scanner on the network is selected.

Please check and try again.

Click (select scanner) if you want to select another scanner.

Scanner drive will close.

Code 5,157,69.’

I have assumed that ESET is blocking the scanner and the other options don’t seem to apply. I have tried going into ESET setup; then into Network protection; then into troubleshooting wizard and unblocking any attempts to communicate with the scanner. This didn’t work. What should I do?

• Marcos changed the title to Scanner stopped working
  • Administrators

As per this forum rules, please sign up first and re-post in the appropriate product subforum when reporting an issue:

4, Ask only simple questions. If you want to report an issue, inquire about your license, etc., create a forum account first. This forum is not intended for lengthy discussions.

Also enclose information disabling which of the protection modules makes a difference.

• Most Valued Members

You could also try uninstalling eset temporarily, backing up any settings you wanted to keep. If the problem doesn't go away then eset isn't the culprit