ESA Offline?

• ESET Insiders

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of rolling out ESA at my company.  We have been having a few snags throughout the way, but I am looking for some advice on this one first.

When a user takes their laptop home, they have been unable to login.  It states that the credentials failed, and that you need to login while in "Online" mode.  Does this mean that all accounts that would need access remotely (like my admin account) needs to have logged in at least once while the laptop is on site so that I can login when a user is remote? Or does a hole need to be punched into the firewall in order for the laptop to communicate to the ESA server remotely?

Another user was repeatedly being prompted for an OTP while offsite.  Is this normal behavior?

• ESET Insiders

Thank you @IggyPop much appreciated.

Another issue we have been having is when we log out of the ESA console we receive 5 email notifications stating this.

12/23/2021 10:58:03 AM

Access denied (missing role): MANAGEMENT Server: SERVERNAMEHERE

The only thing that I noticed is that this only seems to happen when logging in with domain authentication.  Any ideas on this perhaps?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

Hi Tropper,

not sure why this would be happening I would recommend you contact Support and they will investigate this with you. This is the best way how to resolve this issue in my opinion.

So please feel free to contact them.

Thanks!