ESET Blocks BuhoCleaner, Why?

CASA
Go to solution Solved by itman,

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, Marcos said:

It's detected as OSX/BuhoCleaner potentially unwanted application, ie. the detection is optional.

For more information, please refer to https://support.eset.com/en/kb2629: Potentially unwanted applications – Registry cleaners.

Hi,

ESET still flagged it as a PUA. I tested it on Avast, no such detection. So, is it a false detection?

• Administrators

The detection is correct. "Cleaners" are typically classified as potentially unwanted applications. The detection is optional.

• Most Valued Members
19 hours ago, CASA said:

Hi,

ESET still flagged it as a PUA. I tested it on Avast, no such detection. So, is it a false detection?

Usually those programs aren't needed in my honest opinion but I could be wrong or some people have their uses for them

For cleaning/optimizing the system better to check what Microsoft/Apple advices you to do , otherwise those 3rd party programs might do more damage than help by the longer term.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, Nightowl said:

Usually those programs aren't needed in my honest opinion but I could be wrong or some people have their uses for them

For cleaning/optimizing the system better to check what Microsoft/Apple advices you to do , otherwise those 3rd party programs might do more damage than help by the longer term.

Thank you for your advice. But I purchased a BUhoCleaner license and want to keep using it. I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore the warning.

• Solution
12 hours ago, CASA said:

Thank you for your advice. But I purchased a BUhoCleaner license and want to keep using it. I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore the warning.

Read the entire Eset knowledge base link @Marcos previously posted. It shows various ways to exclude a PUA detection.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 10:34 PM, itman said:

Read the entire Eset knowledge base link @Marcos previously posted. It shows various ways to exclude a PUA detection.

OK. Thanks.